Club Classic Jalapeño Pizza
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as a Classic Neapolitan Pizza and there’s no one stopping you from using our thick and flavorful Classic Jalapeño Hot Sauce as a pizza sauce. In fact, the club would highly appreciate such an innovative, thrilling, and delicious use of our spicy and savory jalapeño, onion, and garlic blend. Keep it simple (or not) with fresh mozzarella and perfectly fluffy, crispy homemade pizza crust.
FOR THE DOUGH
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water with the sugar. In a standing mixer bowl, add the cool water and dissolved yeast.
- With the mixer on slow speed, using the paddle blade, add about ⅓ of the 00 flour and mix, increasing the speed, until a smooth “batter” forms. This helps to develop the gluten in the dough.
- Add remaining Caputo 00 flour and salt. Once the dough comes together, switch to a dough hook and use a slow/med speed to knead the dough for 8-10 minutes.
- First Proofing: form dough into a ball and transfer to a bowl lightly oiled with extra virgin olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to slightly grow in size (approx 1.5 hours). Since very little yeast is used, the dough shouldn’t double in size, as is common for bread recipes.
- Second Proofing: remove dough from bowl and portion into two dough balls. Place on floured sheet pan, cover well with plastic wrap and a towel to make a tight seal, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove dough balls from fridge 1.5 hours prior to making pizza. This allows the dough to reach room temperature, making it more workable.
FOR THE PIZZA
- Preheat the oven to 500°F with a pizza stone. If not using a stone, a pizza pan will work and doesn’t need to be pre-heated in the oven.
- Prepare your work surface with a dusting of flour, take your prepared dough and stretch and shape into a 12” round pie, keeping the crust edges thick. Follow along with this video to learn the best technique for stretching your dough.
- Place prepared pizza dough on a peel or pizza pan (whichever you’re using) and squeeze a layer of Yellowbird Jalapeño Hot Sauce onto the dough for your base sauce layer. Top evenly with torn fresh mozzarella.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 8 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh torn basil leaves; let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice and savor.