Habanero Mac and Cheese
The only thing better than cheese and noodles is spicy cheese and noodles.
Level up your pasta with this three cheese macaroni made with Yellowbird Habanero Hot Sauce.
FOR THE DISH
- ½Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Lb. Macaroni Noodles
- 1/3 Head Broccoli
- 1/3 Head Cauliflower
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1/4 C. Cheddar
- 1/4 C. Asiago
- 1/4 C. Milk
- 1/4 C. Gouda
- Blue Agave Sriracha, To Taste
- Habanero Condiment, To Taste
FOR THE DISH
- Chop your cauliflower and broccoli into small, bite-sized stalks. Heat olive oil over medium heat and add stalks to the pan, increasing heat slightly and cooking until they're slightly browned and toasty (about 8 minutes).
- While the veggies cook, heat water for the noodles and add when boiling rapidly. Cook until the noodles are al dente, or according to the box instructions (ours took about 11 minutes).
- Turn the heat down and return the pot to the burner. Drain the noodles, then add back into the pot with butter, milk, cheeses, and a hearty squirt of our Habanero sauce. Stir gently until all the cheese and butter is melted and the milk and sauce are both incorporated.
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli and toss them around so they get nice and cheesy, too!
- Plate and garnish with basil and more sauce — Sriracha, if you please!