At Yellowbird, we believe that humans should eat real food and real food should be exciting! When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, we will help our customers discover unique, exciting culinary journeys and share our love of real food and real people with the world. We invite you to BE THE BIRD!
The Director of Marketing will understand the Yellowbird voice and mission and use this knowledge to create brand strategies and business objectives and clear plans for meeting and exceeding those objectives. They will execute on various tasks by delivering accurately, on time and on budget, and will work across shopper marketing, brand management, customer experience, growth marketing, and field marketing domains. They are responsible for the planning, budgeting and managing of marketing and communications strategies and tactics that creatively and effectively promote the Yellowbird brand and product portfolio.
This position will report directly to the CEO and will build and manage resources, both internal and external, composed of growth marketing agencies, creatives, social media operators, customer experience specialists, and field marketing and event staffing agents as well as own the marketing calendar for the department.
- Be the voice and advocate of the customer within the organization
- Work with Leadership to ideate and create quarterly and annual marketing initiatives and budgets and ensure tip-to-tail execution
- Leverage data to plan, optimize, and report on marketing efforts
- Help create the brand story in the world and evolve the brand and voice over time
- Grow market share and overall brand awareness
- Plan and manage field marketing, sampling, and event activities on a national scale using internal and external resources
- Coordinate with sales team on shopper marketing initiatives and activities
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders including but not limited to creative, finance, innovation and others to coordinate projects, develop messaging and produce marketing materials for various communications and events
- Utilize best practices to own or assist with project management, marketing team planning, reporting, operations, budget, and contracts
- Communicate regularly and clearly with Yellowbird team members to maintain consistent forward momentum
- Use company tools and systems to store files, manage vendor relationships, stay on top of communication, and manage projects and timelines
- Ensure that all marketing and communication processes are continuously evaluated for proper operation, relevance, efficiency and utilization
- Continually assess and introduce process improvement measures
- Lead, manage, and develop your team to deliver exceptional results
- Manage cohesive working relationships with all other personnel and stakeholders to ensure unified and effective promotional efforts
Qualifications + Attributes
- Team player with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Entrepreneurial growth mindset
- Experience working with founder-led companies
- Ability to be agile in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Slides, Sheets)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in relevant marketing or brand management roles
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience leading marketing teams
- CPG food experience preferred
- Experience working within a scrappy, high-growth, nationally-focused business preferred
- Experience in a strategic management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative marketing and communications management strategies preferred
- Experience with consumer-focused brand marketing
- Demonstrable project management skills to manage contractors, budget, and timelines to ensure delivery of top quality creative output within established timeframes
Yellowbird is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Marketing & Advertising
- CPG Food
- Consumer Goods
- San Marcos, TX
- Remote work available for the right candidate. Some in-office will still be required for training, meeting, and teambuilding
- Up to 25% for industry and marketing conferences, events, and training.
Compensation + Benefits
- $80k-$120k dependant on experience
- Paid time off
- Employer funded health insurance
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Marketing”.
All candidates will be reviewed and well-qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks.