Classic Serrano Potato Salad
- 10 yukon gold potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- ½ C. mayonnaise
- ½ C. Yellowbird Serrano Hot Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ C. + 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- ½ medium red onion, diced into ¼” pieces
- 3 celery stalks, sliced ¼” thick
- fresh dill, hand-torn, for garnish
- Add the potatoes and ½ cup of salt to a large pot with 3 quarts of water and bring to a boil; cook until fork-tender, about 18–22 minutes. Drain water from pot and allow potatoes to cool.
- Meanwhile, carefully add eggs to a medium saucepan of boiling water and cook, maintaining a gentle boil, for 10 minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and allow to cool until slightly warm, about 2 minutes.
- Once cool, crack and remove the shells and save for composting. Cut eggs in half. Place the yolks in a large mixing bowl. Coarsely chop egg whites and set aside.
- In the large mixing bowl with egg yolks, add mayonnaise, Yellowbird Serrano Hot Sauce, mustard, and 2 tablespoons salt. Fold together until combined. In the same bowl, add the chopped onion, celery, and egg whites. Fold together until combined.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, remove skins (optional), chop into ½” pieces and place in a separate large mixing bowl. Add the creamy serrano dressing to potatoes and gently fold everything together until combined. Cover and chill at least one hour before serving—lasts up to 3 days.
- Spoon salad into bowl, sprinkle with fresh dill, and drizzle with more Yellowbird Serrano Hot Sauce.
- Serve and savor.